Search This Blog

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Turkey Vulture


A Turkey Vulture bade us adieu at the Ensenada Lodge in western Costa Rica. 9 July proved to be mainly a maintenance day during our expedition. I think I explained that our 18-day tour was actually two back-to-back segments. People signed up for one, the other, or both. When I proposed the trip to Erika, not only did she immediately accept the proposal, but she also proclaimed, “If I’m getting into an airplane, we are going to stay in Costa Rica as long as we can!” 

Erika, I, and two other intrepid souls were the only continuing participants. We drove to the airport in San Jose, let most of the group scramble for their out-bound flights, and waited to meet our new companions. Our destination that afternoon was the Arenal Observatory Lodge. I still shake my head at the concept of building a hotel half-way up the wide of a very active volcano. The photo below shows our approach to Mount Arenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment